Latest Entries »

Friday 3 December 2010

Walking in a winter wonderland.......

So, last year I set myself a task to get four podcasts done, one for every quarter of the year and by jove, I have achieved just that a whole month ahead of schedule! In fact, I now know that there are actually going to be six as I have another playlist ready that contains tracks that for whatever reason - time or they just didn't fit in with the other podcasts - didn't make it onto previous episodes; and a final one that will be what I consider to be the best 25 tracks of the year. I should have these done in between Christmas and New Year.

This time round, I've also managed to learn something about chaptering up he podcasts so that you can skip tracks if you don't like what you are hearing. You should also get an image of the track that's playing as well. Hope it works. Thanks to Wicksy for the pointers :)I know it works OK on iPod, iPhone and iTunes, but I'd be interested to know if it doesn't work for your particular player. I've also changed the encoding from mp3 to mp4, so hope this doesn't cause a problem for you. If mp4 doesn't work for you, let me know and I'll bung up an mp3 version.

Next year, my plan is to do at least 6 hour long podcasts, with voiceover, eventually turning it into an hour long, monthly podcast by 2012.

That's the dream, anyway :)

Thanks for all the support this year, your input and feedback has been more than valuable during this learning process.

You can either subscribe using the links at the top of the page, or download it from here. (Right Click, Save As)

Tracklist

0:00:00 - 0:03.37 Strangers - The Fling
0:03.37 - 0:06.49 Surf City - The Walkmen
0:06.49 - 0:10.49 Insects - Woodsman
0:10.49 - 0:16.27 Television Father - Francisco The Man
0:16.27 - 0:20.37 Colours - Grouplove
0:20.37 - 0:25.52 Our Names - Colour Revolt
0:25.52 - 0:28.41 Wires - Cowlick
0:28.41 - 0:31.00 Make A Deal With The City - Hurricane Bells
0:31.00 - 0:33.28 Lay Down - John Vanderslice
0:33.28 - 0:36.17 Svalbard - I'm Kingfisher
0:36.17 - 0:39.08 On Trees And Birds And Fire - I Am Oak
0:39.08 - 0:43.30 Black Doe - Mary Epworth & The Jubliee Band
0:43.30 - 0:47.32 Hotel Room - Smoke Fairies
0:47.32 - 0:51.11 Into The Wild - Sparrow And The Workshop
0:51.11 - 0:56.09 It Carved Your Name Into The Ground - The Mariner's Children
0:56.09 - 0:58.50 Little Brown Haired Girls - Frankie Rose and the Outs
0:58.50 - 1:02.27 New York City Hotel Blues - Margot & The Nuclear So And Sos
1:02.27 - 1:06.11 Light Pollution - Delay Trees
1:06.11 - 1:09.10 Oh Oh Oh Oh Oh Oh Oh Oh - Say Hi
1:09.10 - 1:14.18 Kipling - Magenta Skycode
1:14.18 - 1:17.36 Get Some - Lykke Li
1:17.36 - 1:20.51 Glorious Aftermath - The Lines
1:20.51 - 1:23.28 All Fall - The Chapman Family
1:23.28 - 1:25.55 Infinity Guitars - Sleigh Bells
1:25.55 - 1:29.05 Maguro - Bo Ningen


As usual, your comments and track recommendations are always welcome, so please keep them coming, I really do listen to everything I'm sent.

Finally, if there is anything on this podcast you like, please support the artists by buying a track or two. If you are an artist that has a track on this podcast that you would like removed, please get in touch with me and it shall be done.

Until the next one(s), have a peaceful and festive time.
I'm off to find more music.

Thanks for listening.
It's good to listen.

Rob
xxx

6 comments:

Dafydd said...

Nice one Rob! Any chance of getting your podcasts into the official iTunes directory?

Rob said...

Cheers Daf. Have just done that so hopefully it'll be there in a given amount of time.

Swafta

Rob
xxx

Planet Angel Pete said...

Rob this is great again! You have an uncanny knack of routing out soem very cool tunes indeed and its really well compiled. The sooner we get you on 6 Music the better!

Rob said...

Thanks Pete :)

6Music would be the dream xxx

Wicksy said...

+1 what Pete said. Your tune selection is very very cool and well compiled. Plus the track mark bit works a treat. Don't get an image for each track but then I'm on an oldish iPod nano (although I did get track mark style images appearing on Stephen Fry podgrams so maybe it's not my player *shrug*). This podcast is very much a grower. First couple of plays it wasn't as instantly appealing as your previous work but another couple of plays and I'm loving it possibly more. Some of my favourite albums are growers. Oh, and totally love "Infinity Guitars - Sleigh Bells". More please. Soon please thank you please.

Rob said...

Nice one Mr. Wicks. Yeah, was a bit more folky this time, but glad it's growing on you. I'm going to look into the image thing with a bunch of media players when I get the time.

Catch you soon

Rob
xxx

Post a Comment